Benzingespräche und andere Themen
Antworten
Stefan2000
Dino: Fiat Dino 2,0 Coupe

Beitrag von Stefan2000 »

Hello,

First of all my apologies for writing in English as i'm not a native german speaker.
I'm Stefan from the Netherlands. 27 years old, Freelance engineer by profession and a big italian car enthousiast.
Been silently reading here for some time while i was searching for a Dino Coupé and now i finally bought one.
This seems to be a Forum with quite some interesting information so i thought lets just sign up.
About the Dino, It's a 2000 Coupé, Italian import from Bari, First owner car and plausible original 58.000km.
So far the good news, bad news is that it has been standing for at least 25 years. This means that it really needs some TLC and maintenance but at least it runs. So i've been busy setting valve clearances, changing oils and about everything that needs to be done at a car that has been sitting for 25 years.
The other side of the story is that it looks like it has never really been touched or messed with. It still has all the Original hose-clamps, Original spark plug wires, Original distributer-cap, Original exhause and it looked like the valve covers have never even been off of the engine.
Body is a bit 'italian'. Probably a 100 and a few fellow italians slammed their doors to the dino so it has some 'patina'. Too bad but a good thing that there is no bondo to cover these imperfections anywhere as well. Bottom part of the car looks great, it just looks like it came of the assembly line just yesterday. No rust anywhere. Not at the bottom side of the A-pillar and i have not seen any signs of rust anywhere else either.
All in all a car with good things and some (lot) of work.
Pictures:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild
Tobi
Administrator
Dino: Fiat Dino 2,4 Coupe

Re: New member

Beitrag von Tobi »

Sounds good! Keep the car as it is. I'd prefer a few dents instead of a repaint.
Jos_2400
Dino: Fiat Dino 2,4 Coupe

Beitrag von Jos_2400 »

Welkom in de club Stefan!
Weer een Hollander erbij!
Und jetzt mal wieder auf Deutsch: willkommen Stefan!
Ein Super Dino in original Substanz,treft man nicht oft.
Und mit deine liebe für Detail und technisches Vernunft wird Sie bestimmt ein guten Zukunft haben.
Bis bald,
Jos
Stefan2000

Beitrag von Stefan2000 »

After getting annoyed about my oil-pressure gauge reading zero with warmed up engine it was time to figure out wat was really going on.
So it was time to measure the real oil pressure. Made a connection on which i could hook up a anlogue pressure gauge and my digital veglia sender to see whether the oil pressure was real low and if not to what extend it defered. Fired up the car and my anlogue gauge was reading 6bar while my dashboard was reading around 3 bar of pressure.
Let it ran till oil temperature was around 90 to 100 degrees and oil pressure gauge at the dashboard was reading zero. My anlogue gauge was reding between 1.6 and 2 bar.... so perfectly healty oil pressure (felt like a relief though)
Opened up my oil pressure sender unit to be able to calibrate it with the anlogue gauge. Attached the opened pressure sending unit and fired the car back up again. Let it ran till oil temperature was 90 to 100 degrees again and calibrated the sender unit with running engine exacly with the anlogue gauge. All these type of Veglia and Jeager sender units used on italian cars have the possibility to calibrate, you just need a small plier to compress or decompress a u-shaped link till it reads the correct value.
Took the sender back off, put everything back together, mounted it on the engine and now it's reading a healty 1.6 to 2 bar at warm idle :D

Also became confused about the fact that i was reading a lot about convering the 2000 oil pumps to higher capacity oil pump from a 2400. I must say that the capacity of this Original oil pump is way more than sufficient, 1.6 to 2 bar was even higher than i expected (and i'm even running thin 10w40 oil) Everything more capacity than this pump is overkill and only eats power for no reason. Kind of strange that they have the reputation for having to little capacity.

I added some pictures, it's from another car, in this case a Ferrari but i calibrated these senders on numerous cars and they all work at the exact same principle.

Bild

Bild

Bild
Stefan2000

Beitrag von Stefan2000 »

Also braught the engine back to life a while ago. Needed some TLC after sitting for 25 years but it runs OK now.
Had to rebuild the advance mechanism in the distributer, placed new ignition breaker point and so on and spend some hours adjusting all of it.
To get both dwell angle or both ignition breakers correct and both firing at exact 10degrees BTDC took me a while but it made a huuuuge difference. I had one bank firing 2 degrees advance of the other and it ran like crap. Set it right at the degree exact for both banks and it ran like a Swiss watch.
Then synchronized the carburettors, set the mixtures for all cylinders and she fires right up when you only look at the ignition key. :D

Sorry for the cellphone quality which sound horrible
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEmm3Q1 ... e=youtu.be
Antworten